This weekly round-up shares the latest from Innisfil Community Foundation (ICF), updates from our grantees, and news from across our community.
The latest from ICF
- We’re proud to support our partners at Community Foundations of Canada by sharing information on the Canada Healthy Communities Initiative – a new, $31 million investment from the Government of Canada to support communities as they adapt public spaces for the new realities of the pandemic. Register here for a special announcement and panel event taking place on Tuesday, February 9 at 1:00 p.m.
- Matthews House Hospice is encouraging you to LOVE YOURSELF this February by free virtual classes and workshops that will run the entire month of February. Classes include Chair Yoga Monday’s at 8 pm, Slow Flow Hatha Yoga every Wednesday at 8 am and Restorative Yoga Thursday at 8 pm. Register for as many workshops as you’d like by emailing Eryn at email@example.com
- Gilda’s Club and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory have teamed up for a Valentine’s Day Fundraiser. Buy your “Be my Valentine” milk chocolate heart for $15 and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Gilda’s Club Simcoe Muskoka. To place your order email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-735-2462
- Gildas Club also has two open volunteer opportunities that they are looking to fill. One opportunity is to help schedule the Courtyard of Hope Garden Dome, and the other is to assist with photos, descriptions and estimates for their upcoming spring online auction. For more information email email@example.com or call 705-726-5199
- The 2021 Ontario Volunteer Service Award is now open! This award recognizes volunteers for providing committed and dedicated service to an organization for five years or more. Nominations are open until April 1, 2021. Visit the province’s website to find out how to nominate a volunteer that has gone above and beyond to help our community.
If you have a story that you would like us to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org