This weekly round-up shares the latest from Innisfil Community Foundation (ICF), updates from our grantees, and news from across our community.
The latest from ICF
- In 2020, ICF had an incredible opportunity to participate in the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund. This fund allowed us to grant $125,000 to support charities that serve Innisfil residents. Community Foundations of Canada just released their insights on the fund. Check it out and learn how community foundations from coast to coast led the charge to support their communities during COVID-19.
- ICYMI, this article shares the impact that ICF had on local charities in 2020. Our Board of Directors (shown in a pre-COVID photo) looks forward to finding more ways to support the community in 2021!
- CMHA is hosting two free virtual sessions next week:
Practical Tools for Reducing Stress – The Brain Body Connection: Tuesday, January 19th from 7:00pm – 8:30pm
This session will provide practical support in identifying held stress in the body and provide proactive tools to help self regulate. We will work to better understand our mental health and how it relates to our breath and body through subtle exercises.
Coping With Loneliness & Isolation: Friday January 22nd from 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Adjusting to our new reality has left many of us experiencing feelings of loneliness, disconnection and struggling with isolation. This workshop creates a safe space to understand what we may be feeling, how to identify our needs and ways to build in new routines to feel more connected as individuals.
- Starting in February, Gilda’s Club Simcoe Muskoka will host a free 8-week series to allow community members to connect, share coping strategies and share stories with others who have recently been diagnosed with Cancer. For more information or to register you can call 705-726-5199 ext. 225 or email email@example.com
- Be contemporary gallery is hosting a BIG+Little Show and Sale from now until January 31st. 10% of sales will be donated to the Innisfil Food Bank. View the exhibition online or call to learn more: 705-431-4044
If you have a story that you would like us to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org