This weekly round-up shares the latest from Innisfil Community Foundation (ICF), updates from our grantees, and news from across our community.
The latest from ICF
- April 18 – 24 is National Volunteer Week. This year’s theme is: “The Value of One, The Power of Many,” which reflects the magic that happens when we work together towards a common purpose. At Innisfil Community Foundation, we believe in working together to strengthen the common good. This past year, our volunteer Board of Directors has put in an extraordinary amount of time and energy to help support Innisfil through the COVID-19 pandemic. But our Board is not alone. Dedicated volunteers have been working tirelessly to help out during this time of uncertainty. This isn’t new to Innisfil – we are so fortunate to live in a community where our neighbours don’t hesitate to help each other out. But this year, more than ever, it is recognized and it is appreciated. If you volunteer in any capacity, thank you for all that you do to make our community a better place.
- Catholic Family Services of Simcoe County is hosting free virtual workshops. Learn more or register today!
- Mindfulness & Self-Compassion – April 27th at 12 pm
- COVID and Trauma: Understanding the Effects & Navigating the impact – April 28th at 10 am
- Parental Resiliency – May 6th at 1:30 pm
- Kids and Communication – May 27th at 1:30 pm
- Gilda’s Club Simcoe Muskoka is holding a Star Wars Auction! The Collection contains over 1,000 items and is worth over $50,000. Bidding is now open until May 4th.
- Matthews House Hospice’s Virtual Scotch Tasting event is over 50% sold out. Join Matthews House on Friday, May 7th for five scotch tastings and food pairings.
- Uplift Black has created a fundraiser and anti-racist community message to help show the world that you stand against racial violence and hate in all its forms. Show your support by ordering your lawn sign or make a donation to help improv the quality of life for Black and indigenous communities.
If you have a story that you would like us to share, please email email@example.com